lunes, 31 de enero de 2011

See you soon then.

Two weeks together, that's all it took, two weeks for me to fall for you.



Savannah: Why are you looking at me like that?
John: How am I looking at you?
Savannah: Differently.
John: How do you want me to look at you? You’re different. I don’t know why I came here, what are we doing? I mean we’re sitting here and we’re eating and we’re talking but nobody is actually saying anything..
Savannah: What do you want me to say? What do you wanna talk about?
John: Why didn’t you call? Why didn’t you call me? I mean, didn’t I deserve any more explanation than a letter? You couldn’t have called me, you couldn’t have given me chance to change your mind? Don’t you think you owe me that?
Savannah: I couldn’t.
John: You couldn’t? You thought that little of me that you couln’t have just called me, why?
Savannah: Because I couldn’t.
John: Give me an answer! Why? Why not?!
Savannah: Because I couldn’t!
John: I want an answer!
Savannah: Because just hearing your voice would have changed my mind! Is that what you wanna hear? Is that why you came all this way to hear from me? You think it was tough out there? Do you think it was easy for me without you? You thought that every single it wasn’t a marathon of my life without you? Tim was sick! He was sick and he needed me... He needed me to help him, he needed me to help him with Alan with everything. I was alone and I had no idea what I was doing! I didn’t plan this.. I didn’t know it was gonna happen to me... But it did! But don’t you think I’ve tried? I have picked up the phone a thousand times... trying to call you... Do you think I really want to be standing in front of you like this?


The problem with time, I've learned, whether it's those first two weeks I got to spend with you, or the final two months I got to spend with him, eventually time always runs out. I have no idea where you are out there in the world, John. But I understand that I lost the right to know these things long ago. No matter how many years go by, I know one thing to be as true as ever was: I'll see you soon then.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario